You see the value in investing in the Bodine School program that transforms students’ lives, and your donation helps secure it. Simply put, you can feel proud knowing your generosity enables us to better respond to our students’ needs.
Your Donations at Work
Here are just a few examples of how your gifts have recently improved Bodine School for students, faculty, staff, and the Mid-South community:
- 34 flexible seating stools for the Art Room and Innovation Lab
- New bookcases for all classrooms
- 40 desks and 60 chairs for 3rd and 4th grade classrooms
- 50 new Lenovo Think Pads to maintain our 1:1 technology ratio
- Adjustable height tables for the Innovation Lab (STEAM education)
- 725 hours of professional development in Orton Gillingham instruction, phonemic awareness, and mathematics
- 42% of families received tuition assistance
- 6 dyslexia screening kits for The Erika Center’s outreach efforts in early identification of language-based learning differences
Most Immediate Needs
Your unrestricted Annual Fund gifts allow us the meet the changing needs of Bodine School. The Annual Fund helps cover approximately 15% of operating costs not funded through tuition to enhance our programs, faculty, and facilities. From our library to our soccer field, the hallmarks of your gifts are the smiling and triumphant faces of our students when reading is made accessible for their needs.
Gifts to the Professional Growth Fund support ongoing training in Orton-Gillingham instruction, guest seminars, continuing education, leadership development, and specialized curriculum exploration. Extensive teacher training is essential to the success of our students. Faculty pursue varying levels of certification through the Orton-Gillingham Academy yearly.
Support for technology and our Innovation Lab funds STEAM education unparalleled by surrounding independent schools.
Contributions allow us to offer financial assistance to students whose families demonstrate a need and would otherwise be unable to attend Bodine School. Approximately 42% of Bodine families receive tuition assistance each year.